Saturday, January 5, 2008

Pirate Girrrrrrl

Remember I told you I was going to pick up embroidery? Well in the spirit of that resolution I made her.

She's based on my friend's tattoo. I actually had a picture of the tattoo on my compurer, then I pressed the white fabric against my screen and draw the pic with a pencil. Simple isn't it.

I used just satin stitch and backstitch on her. The back of the embroidery is kind of a mess. And note to self: next time you do something similar it might be a good idea trying to color it in first and then add the outline.

I gave the pirate girl to my friend as a "thank you for existing" present. And she loved it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very cool!

Can't believe you just started embroidery. Well done!

Pikku pikku said...

Todella hieno piraattityttö, mulla ei ikinä riittäis kärsivällisyys tuommoseen! Voin kuvitella että kaveri on ollut mielissään. =)
Mullakin on yks ystävä jolta saan aina välillä muuten vaan jotain kivoja lahjoja, ne on aina mieltä lämmittäviä ylläreitä. Ystävät on ihania.

VeganCraftastic said...

Very cool!

Unknown said...

Who WOULDN'T love it?! : )
I saw this over on Craftster and thought I'd pop over to your blog to say GOOD WORK!!