Friday, January 18, 2008

Sublime Embroidery Plus Stars And Diamonds

I'm in love with embroidery! Don't worry I haven't forgotten knitting (or anything else) either, I'm just crushing so hard on embroidery right now.

I made these cards with Sublime Stitching patterns. The sparrow is from the Stitch it Kit, and the kitten from the Sublime Stitching book. This was my first time using iron-on embroidery patterns. The sparrow card is for a friend, and the kitten is for my niece. For those of you who are "finnish impaired" the banner on the sparrow says Congratulations.

I embroidered the pictures on cotton, glued the cotton on a piece of paper, then glued the paper on the cardboard and let the whole thing dry under a weight. Simple. The next time I'm going to try sewing the fabric on the cardboard.
And here's a little star and diamond. The one with the star is a pouch for my friend's menstrual cup. The one with the diamond is going to be a pouch for my menstrual cup.

I embroidered this diamond in a plain black purse that I bought on sale. It just needed a little bling-bling.
And what I learned from the ones (stars and diamonds) done without a pattern? It may be a good idea to draw the outlines in the fabric before embroidering..

4 comments:

Pikku pikku said...

Oi noi on hienoja, etenkin tuo fiftarityylinen pääskynen on kuul. Vähän kade, emmie vaan tommosia osais pistellä.

VeganCraftastic said...

Cute, I need to dig out my sublime stichting patterns and do some more embroidery!

Süßstoff said...

Wow, you are so good at this!!! I think I need to try again. Cross stitch is fine but my other embroidery skills need some improvement.

Michele said...

I *love* Sublime Stitches!!!

Check this out:
http://www.badknitgirls.com/
Vote for me? Pleeeeease...