Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bang! (+Pins And Needles)


I made me a new pencil case! And I looooove it. I needed a new one, since my old was made of metal and it made too much noise. I used the same fabric that I used in this skirt, but in a different colour. (The fabric was on sale)

And here's a view of the back. No zippers or anything fancy. Just two black buttons and a bit of elastic ribbon for the button loops. I love the simplicity of it! Also I was too lazy to deal with zippers. I do have a problem how ever with the lining showing. But I think I can live with it.

I also made pincushions using this tutorial. Both sides of both of the pincushions are cotton. I've always liked pincushions like these, but thought they were probably difficult to make. Turns out they're really easy and fun to make. The one with the flowers/polka dots is staying with me, the one with the skulls is travelling far far away.

4 comments:

Pikku pikku said...

Ihan mahtavia juttuja taas! Mie täällä viherryn lisää, ei oo tuo ompelu oikeen mun juttu. Oot kyllä taitava, nuo on upeita! Ja näissä sun töissä on aina asennetta!

Vilma said...

Mahtavia! Noissa tosiaan on tyyliä ja asennetta. Kauhian hienoja kaikki tyynni. :)

VeganCraftastic said...

It's all so cute, it inspires me to sew again!

Süßstoff said...

It's so funny we had the same idea with the pin cushions on the same day! Yours are way cooler than mine though.
I also really like your new pencil case. I think the lining is supposed to show - the two fabrics go together so well.